BLC12 Student Pricing - $99
We are offering Student Registration again this year for YOUR students. In our experience, getting students excited and involved is a top way to bring momentum back into your school.
A Quote from student, Blake Copeland:
"...as a student, BLC gave me the opportunity and experience to learn and interact with others in ways I couldn't even have imagined. It enabled me to have the invaluable experience of speaking in front of a large group of people. BLC and its keynote speakers gave me the knowledge to fully utilize the web and use academic resources more effectively and efficiently. The experience of traveling to BLC as a student also gave me the opportunity to explore and learn about a new city. The connections you create at BLC are also invaluable. I met a team from a business in California that may result in an internship this summer. BLC opened new doors for me and really changed my life."
Blake Copeland, a student from Highland Park School District in Texas, was one member of our student attendees for BLC11. These students were able to attend all keynotes, workshops and events, while also meeting teacher leaders from all over the world. This gave them terrific learning opportunities to take back to their schools.
BLC Student Registration Regulations
The students should be 13 years of age of older. They must be accompanied by a paid registrant who will be their guardian at the conference. Also, parents must sign a waiver that they have given permission for their child to attend. Students' cost is $99. If interested, simply register as if the student is a regular attendee. Make sure you select STUDENT registration and that you fill in the box with the attendee accompanying them.
Student responses to the question "Why do you want to come to BLC?"
- My grandmother has told me about so many exciting learning adventures she experiences at BLC. Every year she returns with new ideas to inspire her grandchildren to stretch their learning experiences way past what our classes offer us. I am hoping to come to BLC this summer to learn from great educators like Marco Torres and Mitch Resnick. I want to find out how Julie Leong uses photography. I can hardly wait to come! I am also very excited about being able to be at a conference. Students never have the chance to see how their teachers learn! Thank you for the chance to be a part of BLC!
- I would like to come to BLC because I believe that the future lies in technology, and that education is the future of our country. Integrating technology in education will change the way we think of school and captivate the interest of students. I hope to learn more ways to publish blogs and create movies about the different periods of time in history.
- Because I view this as an opportunity to help others. I would like to show educators how digital tools are used from the students perspective. Because I use these tools every day I can show examples on the right and wrong way to use them. I have a number of experiences such as this one presenting to teachers. I have been asked to present at the next Google Teacher Academy. I think this would be another way to add to my portfolio. Thank You.
- I hope to learn more about how to become an effective teacher. It is important to me to learn what is actually out there and to gain experience which I will be able to apply in my classroom. I want to take advantage of any experience I can get.
- When on the BLC main page, under registration, it states,"Join our global community of dynamic educators..." I hope to become a dynamic educator, not necessarily as an actual teacher, but as a student. As a student, I want to take control of my own learning, and to help other fellow students. I want to leave a legacy for myself, and footprints that others can follow. I believe that it is very important that school becomes a place of creativity, where kids want to come. Not a place that kids dread. Not a place where kids just do the work they have to, and nothing else. This conference has the same goal, and I would like to attend because I believe that it can help me become a better student, and a better educator for my fellow students.
- I have some experience at conferences now that I presented at MassCUE '10 and I am presenting today in front of a western MA group of teachers. I hear great things from my mom about your conference, and I want to see for myself. It is also great that I could meet other kids and teachers from around the world. It will prepare me for Deerfield Academy which is much more diverse than Frontier. Please pick me!